Posts tagged Summer treats
Posts tagged Summer treats
These freshly made, fruity and flavorful popsicles would be fun for your bridal shower or next summer party. You can make them with or without alcohol so the kids can enjoy them also.
Watermelon Margarita Popsicles
Makes 6 popsicles
5 cups chopped seedless watermelon
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons orange liqueur
1/4 cup clear tequila
6 (1/2 cup capacity) popsicle molds
Combine all ingredients in a blender; puree until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large measuring cup, pressing on and then discarding solids. Skim off any foam; pour mixture evenly into molds. Freeze 1 hour. Insert sticks and freeze until firm, about 24 hours.
Replace 2 Tbsp. orange liqueur with orange juice and 1/4 cup tequila with water.
* Original recipe can be found at: The Comfort of Cooking
These bars would be a fun treat for a bridal shower or even a backyard barbecue.
Raspberry lemonade bars
For the crust:
9 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick, plus one tablespoon)
1/4 cup (50g) superfine sugar (or regular granulated)
1 cup (100g) of unbleached all-purpose flour
For the filling:
1 1/2 cups (287g) superfine sugar (or regular granulated)
3 egg whites
2/3 cup (150mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
2 tablespoons lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
2/3 cup (65g) unbleached, all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1-2 cups (150-275g) of frozen raspberries, defrosted
1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees Celsius). Line a 8×8″ * square baking pan with a strip of parchment paper (8×14″) that covers the bottom and overlaps on either side. (This is so after it cools, you can pull out the entire pan of lime bars and cut them neatly. You can omit this step completely, though. You don’t even need to butter the pan.)
2. Cream butter, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer. Mix in flour until just incorporated. Flour hands and press dough into 8×8″ square baking pan, so that it comes up about a 1/2 inch around the sides.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. While it cools, prepare the filling.
4. Whisk sugar, egg whites, egg, lemon juice and zest, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Pour raspberries into a sieve and press through to extract all the pulp and juices. Whisk into lemon mixture and pour into crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes until filling is completely set. Let cool completely. (I help mine along in the freezer for about an hour.) Using the overlapping edges of parchment paper, gently lift the dessert from the pan. Cut into 16 squares. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.
* Original recipe and additional photos can be found on Sophistimom.com. Please check them out for more goodies!
This fast and easy strawberry recipe is also a low-fat dessert. I love how easy they are to make and since they are tasty and low in calorie, you can indulge guilt free. Have one, two or ten! These would be fun to serve at a summer bridal party or even your wedding.
Strawberry Shortcake Popsicle Recipe
A few notes: