Posts tagged Pink
Posts tagged Pink
Not just for jewelry…a lovely combination of dusty rose, gold, butter and sage makes a beautiful wedding palette. Brides, what colors are you choosing for your big day?
* Dress is from the Claire Pettibone Collection
How absolutely soft and sweet are the colors in this bridal shower that was recently featured on Inspired by This? Mint, peach, pink and ivory wedding colors? (…sigh) Everything about this palette is pure loveliness.
We’re always fans of a cute purple succulent!
The pinata style fringe is such a fun twist on the classic wall letters!
Loving these details!
How cute are these little coasters?
And of course a perfect calligraphy favor for guests to take home!
I’m sure today’s wedding inspiration board breaks some kind of unwritten rule about color matching and palettes.
But I believe there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to your big day!
Weddings are all about mixing colors, textures, patterns, styles, traditions (and people) that you and your partner love – so don’t feel bound by rules or expectations, just find the perfect combination for you.
Yellow, red and pink together are generally not a go to color combination, but put them together in the right way and they really can look amazing.
Keep it modern with cutting edge floral design and gorgeous luxe accessories (red Louboutins anyone..?) and incorporate original vintage pieces to add an authentic feel.
- Go retro on your cake. A traditional 1950s style tiered cake with bride and groom figurine topper (there are some fantastic finds on Etsy) and fancy icing can look so retro but so right!
- Vintage pieces such as original 50s prom dresses for your bridesmaids and decorative statement items for your venue decor like stacked crockery, fun vintage books and even fab furniture pieces will really make a statement.
- Your florals can provide fab feature flashes of colorr and playing with scale can look really incredible. Oversized blooms like tree peonies and giant magnolia blooms mixed with billy balls and a hint of greenery will look really stunning.
- Finish the look with super fabulous shoes and a flash of bright lipstick.
If you happen to choose this pretty palette, I want to see photos, stat.
Nothing says spring like pink and green flora sitting sweetly side-by-side. I love this simple layout and can see it as the backdrop for a spring or summer shower or rehearsal dinner.
*Photo Courtesy of Wedding Chicks
There are a few colors on the spectrum that I think are crowd pleasers and pink is by far one of them. It is delicate, lovely and reminds us of all things pretty. Just like this bouquet recipe designed by wedding florist Oak & the Owl Interior and Floral Design Studio.
Flowers needed to duplicate this bouquet
* Photographed by Tonya Goettsche.
Thanks to Glass Jar Photography for these pictures and providing us with some pink inspiration.
Pink – the perpetual hot color for weddings – had begun to fall out of favor as brides experimented with more non-traditional hues like browns, grays, orange, and even black. But pink is back in a big way, and brides are incorporating the hue into their wedding cakes. Pink instantly freshens-up classic white: Tone down an all pink cake with white floral or lace details, or dress up a white cake with pink embellishments.