Recently at a Bridal Expo, I discovered this new trend in weddings where (in addition to the official photographer) couples are hiring photo booth companies to take fun snapshots at the reception. So being curious as I had never tried a photo booth before Matt and I decided to check one out (see below). I was a biker bounty hunter and Matt was an escaped convict.
It was a fun experience and the photographer was a really great guy. I was surprised at how quickly the photos were produced. The photographer even helped me upoad my photo directly to facebook within minutes. I was sold!
The benefits of the photo booth are many:
1) It will liven up your party as your guests will leave their seats, move around the room and interact with people outside of the table. You might run into someone you haven’t seen in a long time or you meet a new friend and discover you share a common bond with the bride and groom. At the very least you will be able to have a richer experience of the wedding.
2) Since photo booths have props, I can guarantee you will see a fun side of your guests that you may not have seen before. By getting everyone involved in this, table by table or as individuals, they will lighten up a bit.
3) The photos will preserve happy memories for your guests as well as yourself. The photos can double as wedding favors your guests can take home.
Here are some fun photos taken in photo booths from real weddings.
Once you have decided to book a photo booth for your wedding always remember to check references and their work. Just like photographers, they are not all created equal.
-Some companies offer different options like a photo booth album or additional prints.
-Some offer different backdrops customized to your wedding colors.
- Ask if they offer customized photo strips.
- Make sure there is a professional attendant on hand to oversee any shenanigans or technical problems.
As with any contract, make sure you have everything in writing!
I would like to thank my friend Nick at PictureDust “The Anywhere Studio” for helping me with this blog post and for the use of his photos.
If you live in the Dallas, Fort Worth Texas area and want to hire a Photo Booth for your wedding or event, I guarantee PictureDust is the company to call at 972-755-3878 or visit them online for more information.