Q. I will be the Matron of Honor at my sister’s wedding and I am planning a Lingerie Bridal Shower for her. There will be older members of my family at this party and I am worried about embarrassing them (especially my 70 year old grandmother.). Do you have any advice?
A. A lingerie bridal shower can be romantic, and a little risqué, yet still be classy. This is certainly a “girls’ only” type of event.
Here are a few tips to help you get started planning the party.
- Keep in mind a bridal shower focuses on love and romance, not just sexy lingerie.
- Look for lush, romantic style invitations. Tell guests in the invitation that the theme is lingerie and that each gift should reflect this theme. Be sure to include the bride’s lingerie sizes on the invitation.
- For decorations set a pretty and romantic mood with candles and flowers. Hanging long scarves around a room can give it an exotic feel.
- Consider centerpieces that will compliment your theme. Think lush and romantic, or whatever style the bride has in mind.
- Serve foods that are known aphrodisiacs. Chocolate is one of the most popular aphrodisiacs.
- Try to create fun bridal shower games that will match your theme—not simply lingerie, but also romance. You could ask your guests to match up famous romantic couples through history as one game.