The cake-cutting is one of the most romantic times during the wedding. The very first undertaking the couple will handle as husband and wife will be to cut the cake! Most brides and grooms wish to have special songs played during the cake-cutting ceremony. The music sets the tone for the scene and will create a lasting memory in the hearts of the couple and their guests. Here are some of the most popular cake cutting songs of all time.
‘Sweet’ and Sentimental
Some brides and grooms choose to play sweet and touching music during the cake cutting ceremony. There are many different songs which would be fitting for this moment, but these are without a doubt the most popular.
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You) by James Taylor
- Sugar, Sugar by The Archies
- That’s Amore by Dean Martin
- Sugar Pie Honey Bunch by The Four Tops
- Happy Together by The Turtles
Funny and Humorous
It’s very important that the wedding music (including the cake-cutting music) fits the personality of the bride and groom. If you and your soon-to-be spouse are a pair of jokesters and enjoy a good laugh, perhaps these funny cake-cutting songs will appeal to you.
- Hit Me with Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar
- Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard
- Hungry Heart by Bruce Springsteen
- Eat It by Weird Al Yankovic
If you’re looking for some upbeat songs that are known by most people, there are some fun options available. Take a look at the songs below to find some inspiration:
- Going to the Chapel by Dixie Cups
- It Had to Be You by Frank Sinatra
- Everlasting Love by Natalie Cole
Whether you want a funny song which will have your guests rolling in laughter or a sentimental song that will bring a tear to their eyes - there are definitely plenty of songs for every personality. Choose something that is special to you and your fiancé and that you will remember for years to come.