Guest Blog: Kate Pruitt
The winter months may be upon us, but that doesn’t mean we can’t bring some sunshine to our homes. So grab some fun fabrics or cheap vintage linens and get sewing. These napkins would be great for your wedding parties, backyard cookouts or even give some to your bridesmaids as gifts.
- pre-washed vintage sheets (or vintage sheet scraps) cut into 12.5″ x 6.5″ rectangles
- sewing supplies (pins, thread, pinking shears)
- sewing machine
1. Fold the rectangles in half (with the right sides facing each other) and sew up the two sides. Then cut the two sides with pinking shears.
2. Fold over a cuff on the open edge and press in place. Turn right side in.
3. Top stitch around the perimeter of the square. Add another row of stitching (zigzag this time) about an inch in from the edge.
4. Stack and tie up with baker’s twine — what a pretty present!