Guest Blogger: Chelle
This simple to make star project would be a festive decoration for a casual wedding reception or bridal party. It’s also a fun project to decorate the house this holiday season. Who doesn’t like an easy to make paper star? As with all simple crafts, they usually look great in a cluster and this star is perfect for hanging with others of different sizes and colors. You likely have the material at home if you use recycled paper. And kids love to do them without much adult help. Here’s how to make your own:
- origami paper or other square paper (mine was approx. 6”)
- string to hang hem
Just follow the directions in the picture tutorial below.
Turn the paper over and fold as in the picture below.
Cut with scissors from the edge to your pencil mark on all four sides.
Glue every other side on the folded flaps.
Pull the unglued side over the glued side.
Repeat previous steps to make another star.
Glue as shown.
The glue is missing in this image, but this is the way to attach the 2 stars together.
- Make stars of different colors and sizes. Cut one sheet of origami paper in four squares and make 2 small stars.
- Make an enormous star as a focal point from just white paper.
- Use printed paper from magazines or newspapers.
- Make a star mobile using small stars, twigs and thread.
- Use paint or glitter glue.