ORGANIC LIP BALM
- 2 teaspoons of organic beeswax
- 1.5 teaspoons of Organic coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons of Organic cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon of unrefined shea butter
- 4 teaspoons of organic olive oil
- Optional: natural color and/or pure essential oil like mint or orange for flavor
Melt all ingredients in a double boiler. You can use a metal bowl and small pan of water if you do not have one. Whisk as everything melts. Be careful to not overheat and remove once the beeswax has become liquid. Pour into tubes or pots using a plastic funnel. Allow to cool and cap when filled. Add your custom labels. (see below)
Simply download the labels onto your computer. Install the free font Quicksand Bold and open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat. You can change the flavor if you need and add your own “made by” and ingredients list. Print these onto a full sheet label paper and trim rounds with a 1.5 inch circle punch and the squares with a craft knife.
Important note: When printing the PDF make sure you print FULL SIZE rather than the default FIT PAGE. This will make your labels too small. Enjoy your silky lips!
**A special thank you to Lia Griffith for this fun tutorial